Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Home - Laurel Lamb




This is the house I've lived in all my life.  My parents had it built around thirty years ago.  The house is located about five minutes outside the city of Lawton and five minutes outside of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.  So, it really is the best of both worlds for me; it's not far from the city, but not far from the outdoors when the city gets tiresome.  Facing toward the Wildlife Refuge, the house has a wonderful view of the mountains, especially Mt. Scott.  I just recently moved back into this house temporarily and I've experienced quite a few old memories.  Living here brings back a lot of childhood memories, as well as reminds me of the comfort I always felt coming home.  In casual conversation I tend to call any place I'm living "home," whether it's this house or the two places I lived in Norman for a couple of years.  However, so far in my life, this is the only place I think I truly mean it when I say "home."  The house is not physically the most memorable or unique building by any means, but it is a place that holds very significant meaning to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment