Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Early Americana by Jared Zettl




This wonderful little filling station is located in Miami Ok. My fiance and I came across it when we’re looking for a good fishing spot. Which unfortunately we didn’t find until late in the weekend. Filling stations are a thing of the past and are becoming fewer and fewer. When we saw this one it stuck out, literally stuck out of the back of the building behind it. I’m not sure of the true history of it but it seems pretty legitimate. It holds the iconic shape and size of filling stations and it has a few of the old artifacts from the era that it originated from. I know this building doesn’t look like much but it was a preamble to the way we live today. There was a lot to the era that filling stations spawned from, like a deep common courtesy throughout the nation. Life back then moved at a slower rate but because of the slower rate the people had deeper connections to their environments. When I see these old stations I can just imagine what it would have been like to live back then. I have a fascination with antique structures, from one side of the world to the other and that vary in all ages and sizes. I know that as technology develops that people must adapt with it no matter how large or small. Just look at gas stations now days, same general principle but on a much larger platform, with lots of merchandise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment