Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Silver Dome - Danny Wyatt


Wow, this is my favorite post so far. This is a picture of "The Silver Dome," located in my hometown of Bristow, Oklahoma. This building is absolutely hideous--corrugated tin covers the whole thing, and during summertime this building is all of 110 degrees inside. It was in this building that I fell in love with baseball. I spent a lot of time on the diamond in my youth and this building contained in it pitching machines and batting cages. I threw bullpens in here all summer long and this building was conducive to a lot of my growth as a child and ball player. Architecturally, it is probably the ugliest and most insignificant building on this blog, but it has incredible meaning to me, despite its thoughtless design.

No comments:

Post a Comment