Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tadao Ando's amazing building--Shuyu Meng



I took these photos on Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. I visited the museum on spring break. I planed to appreciate the works of modern art. But when I walked in the building I was deeply impressed by the architecture. This is an amazing building! Almost all the outer wall was made of glass. It looks like a huge glass box. There is a lake on the back of the building. When I stood near the wall I can see the clear lake and the other part of the building. It seems a transparent world. Especially the design of combining the glass and the water is very prefect. It building is concise, energy and modern.

The building’s architect is Tadao Ando. At the end of my visit on museum store I knew it. So it isn’t strange the building is amazing.     

3 comments:

  1. I did a presentation on this building last semester. The concrete work is simply amazing. The roof was originally designed to be made of glass, but Ando changed his mind when he was visiting and a hail storm hit Dallas. The building was greatly influenced by traditional Japanese architecture which has strong ties to nature. The large glass walls and reflection off of the water illuminate the spaces with large amounts of natural light. Awesome building

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great architecture!
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for other comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Extremely modern can tell whoever built it took there job seriously. -Jacob Adams

    ReplyDelete