Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wildlife Refuge Visitor's Center - Laurel Lamb


This is the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge Visitor's Center.  I don't think it's a particularly pretty building, but it is a unique one.  The green roof is eye-catching and memorable.  The roof also looks like a mountain, which I'm sure is no coincidence since the building is for the Wichita Mountains.  So, the roof really helps the structure fit well with the environment that surrounds it.  Another small note to make about the building - if you look carefully, the dark strips along the green roof are actually solar panels.

 The building reminds me of many personal memories.  I live close to the refuge, so I've seen and visited this building so many times in my life.  It isn't the premiere place to go in the wildlife refuge, but I enjoy stopping in every once and while to see what they've changed in the building and remember the school and family trips I've taken there.

1 comment:

  1. It is an interesting building and I'm sure it was designed to fit in with the terrain

    ReplyDelete