Monday, April 28, 2014

Church in Downtown - Laurel Lamb


This is a church in downtown Lawton that was built in 1902.  I've never personally been in there, but I see it quite often when in downtown.  First of all, I think it is an interesting building because of its age.  Since Oklahoma has been a state a little less than 100 years, there isn't a lot of really old architecture to be found compared to other regions in the country.  So, it is interesting to find a building that dates back to the early days of statehood.  The architectural features of this building also stand out to me.  I don't see many buildings in Lawton with such a distinct pediment and Ionic columns.  It feels historic and old-style compared to most of the buildings in town that are younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment