Sunday, April 27, 2014

Small Details I'd Never Noticed Before - Laurel Lamb


These pictures are from two different buildings on campus.   The first picture is from the south entrance of the Bizzell Library.  The second picture is a south view of Monnet Hall.
 
 I visit the library almost every single day I'm on campus because I work in the library.  I also spend most of my time around the South Oval, so when I visit the library, it is this south view I see when entering usually.  I have never been in Monnet Hall, but I see it often on the way to the Student Union.  The reason I posted pictures for these two buildings is because they made me realize something about this blog project.  

By being on the look out for new blog material, I feel that I pay greater attention to my surroundings.  These two buildings have interesting, subtle details that I had never noticed until this semester and worked on this blog post.  In the library picture, I am talking about the gargoyle figures near the top.  It's hard for me to believe that I have walked into the south library entrance so many times and just now noticed them.  They're a neat detail!  The Monnet Hall picture demonstrates a similar message.  I've walked by Monnet Hall to get to the Union many times, but it wasn't until recently that I noticed this one owl statue perched up above. 

These details were there the whole time - I just had to pay a little more attention to my environment.









1 comment:

  1. -MWood Good eye. I would have never noticed these details.

    ReplyDelete