Sunday, April 27, 2014

Gaylord Hall Study Area - Laurel Lamb



These are pictures from a study area in Gaylord Hall.  This is one of my most favorite places to hangout between classes.  There are a couple of reasons it is my favorite.

First of all, the seating is comfortable.  Maybe I've just been looking in all the wrong places, but I think it's difficult to find comfortable seating around campus.  I feel like if you're going to have to wait around between classes for several hours at a time, you need to find a good, comfortable place to relax or study.  The seating in this Gaylord Hall study area is not only comfortable, but is also plentiful.  It's rare that I will stop by and not be able to find a seat to myself.  It's also not just your typical bare, wooden benches or chairs.  They are cushioned and even reclined slightly, as seen in the first picture.

There is also a lot of lighting in this area of the building.  I really enjoy the high windows and the dome up above.  They provide so much natural sunlight.  It literally brightens my experience.  It's creates a warm, welcoming environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment