Monday, April 28, 2014

Gas Station - Laurel Lamb


This post is about an old, rundown gas station that I see every time I come home.  I live not far from Medicine Park and the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.  This gas station is located nearby alongside the highway.  The gas station, at one time, was open and functioning.  Many years ago, however, it caught on fire and this is all that remains of it.  Nothing much was done to renovate it.  I feel like it is an eye sore.  It's not something I particularly like seeing on my way home.  I don't know why nothing has been done with this building - there could be any number of reasons, I suppose.  It seems like, though, with the increasing traffic of tourists and nature-lovers who head out to the Wichita Mountains, Lake Lawtonka, and Medicine Park, that someone would want to do something with this building. 

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of old Pony Express office. Just east of Round Barn in Arcadia.

    ReplyDelete